Sunday, May 30, 2021

Members of Amidaji: Keshin Maria Zita D'Abreu (Australia)

 Click here to return to Amidaji biographies

My Dharma name is Shaku Keshin 華信 ("Flower of Faith"). I was born 5th September 1944 in Monte, Madeira Island in Portugal.

I was for a long time disappointed with the Catholic Church and I lost my belief. Then I started thinking where will I go if I die, for a few nights. Then I remembered that my son Kengo Jim E. said that people who believe in Amida Buddha go to the Pure Land. I was already sympathetic to this type of Buddhism. I saw my son's way of life since he met Rev. Josho online and the words my son shared with me about Amida was a great influence over the years. Then in November 2020 I made a decision to embrace the teachings of Amida Buddha and the Pure Land and on 24th November I told my son I believe in Amida. Since then I recite Nembutsu and believe the teaching on Amida Buddha.

In early May 2021, maybe just after midday, I was seated alone on a lounge in my home without any lights on and no direct sunlight was coming through any windows. I was leaning forward reciting Nembutsu silently, relaxed and my hands were not in gassho when I turned my head slightly to the right and saw close next to me to my surprise a half a metre square wide area of light with curved top corners. I looked at this light and because I was reciting when it appeared I felt this is Amida Buddha. I then turned my eyes to the left a bit and when I looked back the vision was gone. I remembered then that my son Kengo told me that he read in Rev. Josho's Spiritual Autobiography that he had a vision of Amida Buddha at his altar while he was saying Nembutsu.

I like my life now with Amida and it has purpose. I talk with Amida.

Keshin Maria Zita D'Abreu

 Western Australia

0 comentarii:

Dharma talks on my youtube channel