Friday, February 14, 2020

Words before and after meals

in the kitchen of Amidaji temple

I was asked to offer instructions on what to say before and after meals. This is the formula I use daily, and I advise you to do the same alone or with your family:

Before the meals:
Amida Buddha, I (we) receive this food with gratitude. May it help me (us) on your Path for the benefit of all beings.
Namo Amida Bu

After the meal:
Amida Buddha, may all beings who contributed to this meal and those in whose name was offered be healthy in body and mind, always receive what is beneficial to them, have food, drink, clothes, and shelter, make indestructible connections with you, entrust to you, say your Name (Namo Amida Bu) and wish to be born in your Pure Land.
Namo Amida Bu



0 comentarii:

Dharma talks on my youtube channel