Thursday, June 22, 2017

Works for strenghtening the Hondo (Dharma Hall) and library of Amidaji (part I the Hondo)

carrying wooden pillars for the Hondo 


I changed the plans as I presented them in April, and started the summer works by first strenghtening and improving the Hondo (Dharma Hall) of Amidaji. So, the same things that I wanted to do for the library, I have done for the Hondo first. This is because there were some problems at the Hondo which needed my urgent attention, and generaly speaking, both buildings had the same difficulties. Thus, the funds raised for the library, plus some extra funds from other sources were used on the Hondo instead.

added some wood pillars to the walls
 to strenghten them. Then the pillars were fixed
with strong nails on the concrete platform
I give my thanks 🙏 to all those who helped me since I started the fund raising campaign in April.
You can now see how the funds were used. Please, if you can afford to, help me continue with the plans for improving the library.  Any little help is welcomed and appreciated. 

Here is a list with the things I did for the Hondo (click on the photos, too! - the result is at the end of the article!), which I will also do for the library if I raise enough funds:

adding a layer of polystyrene
(10 cm thick) to the walls
 - added some wood pillars to the walls to strenghten them. Then the pillars were fixed with strong nails on the concrete platform.
- added a layer of polystyrene (10 cm thick) on the walls
- added a layer of polystyrene (3cm) under the roof
- added some a strong construction net and a mixture over the polystyrene to better fix it on the walls
- added a good painting over everything at the end of the work
- added a drainage system for rain water 

adding a layer of polystyrene (3 cm)
under the roof
The layer of polystyrene will keep cold in the summer and warm during winter. The wooden pillars make the Hondo better suited to resist against storms and harsh weather conditions.

adding a construction net and a mixture
over the polystyrene
The funds I used so far for improving the Hondo (for materials and 3 workers) were around 900 euro. I estimate that I need another 500 - 600 euro to finish the whole project and do the same for the library. 

Please, if you can afford to, consider a small DONATION for Amidaji. As you know, the temple has NO taxes or fees for its activities, so it depends on the generosity of friends and readers. 



and here it is the result!  - this is how the Hondo (Dharma Hall)
of Amidaji looks like now, after I painted it:

and here it is the result!  - this is how the Hondo (Dharma Hall)
of Amidaji looks like now, after I painted it:


Thank you again for your support! I hope that new updates will follow soon!

Namo Amida Butsu 🙏






0 comentarii:

Dharma talks on my youtube channel